If you are navigating the pregnancy or postpartum stages, you may or may not be surprised at just how exhausted you are, both mentally and physically, that's why you can use all the support and confidence boost that you need to help you through this amazing but challenging time.
A doula is a trained professional who provides support to mothers and families during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. Doulas can provide physical, emotional and informational support. They can help you navigate your pregnancy, prepare for childbirth and adjust to life with a new baby.
There are many benefits to having a doula, including:
- Reduced stress levels during pregnancy and after the baby is born
- Increased likelihood of successful breastfeeding
- Increased confidence in your ability to parent
- Increased chances of a vaginal birth
- Improved bonding with your baby
- More rest for you and your partner
- A more positive birth experience overall
- Better management of mood swings
Doulas can be an invaluable support during the birth and postpartum period. So, if you're wondering whether or not you need one, ask yourself if having someone by your side who knows what to expect and can help you through the ups and downs sounds helpful. If so, then a doula may be exactly what you need!